How Do I Use J-PRO Numbing Cream?
J-PRO Numbing Cream is ideal for use not only before tattooing but when having a range of other procedures including body piercing, bikini or body waxing, cosmetic tattooing, micro needling, laser tattoo removal, laser hair removal, IPL treatment or electrocautery. You can apply it by following these instructions:
- First wash the area of skin to be treated or tattooed with warm water and a gentle soap.
- Apply a hot towel onto the skin for five minutes.
- Dry the area completely.
- Next, apply a thick layer of the numbing cream onto the area to be treated.
- Rub into the skin thoroughly until it is completely absorbed.
- Apply a second thick layer of the cream (2 – 3mm or 1/8” in thickness) across the entire area.
- Apply some plastic wrap over the area of skin where the cream has been applied. Keep covered and warm so that the heat beneath the wrap can activate the cream and prevent it from getting dried out.
- Allow the plastic wrap and J-PRO cream to remain in place for between 25 and 50 minutes before you receive your procedure or get your tattoo. If your procedure will be a long one that lasts for several hours and covers a large area of skin, apply the numbing cream to the whole area to be worked on and remove it slowly in sections while the procedure is progressing.
- You will typically find that the area of skin that has been treated will remain numb for approximately three to five hours once you’ve removed the cream from the skin. The length of time your skin will lack sensation will depend on both your skin type and the location of the area of skin to which you have applied the cream on your body.